Friday 25 March 2011

Evaluation- Who would be the audience for your media product?

The target audience for my media product would be anyone who is very passionate for anything that branches off of rock music; alternative rock, gothic rock, punk rock etc. At first, the audience was to be lovers of pure punk, but I wanted there to be more of an option for the reader. I see my readers to be unique individuals, who are fervent in their interests, which stereotypically would be those who of course adore music, and who like to read, watch films and are interested in art. As I have tried to stay well away from the mainstream scene, I think that my audience would stereotypically shop at places such as Voodoo, Haze, Soho’s and Punkyfish. I think that television and film would be quite influential on my audience, watching television shows such as Jackass, The Vampire Diaries, Viva La Bam and Miami Ink. Their movie interests could be ones such as Thirteen, The Libertine, Interview with the Vampire, Shutter Island, Dracula, Sid and Nancy and Girl, Interrupted.
Musical interests could be anything from CKY, Slayer, Metallica, to Nirvana, The Cure, The Used, Iggy Pop, The Damned and Killing Joke. I am aware that this is a wide range; that was my aim. People who like Metallica may be avid fans of 30 Seconds To Mars, too, so I think that this could bring in more readers.
I don’t think that my magazine is aimed at a particular sex; but it would be assumed to interest males due to the style of the magazine and some would think that bands such as CKY are generally more appealing to males.
If you were to stereotype, then 'emos' would probably be the typical audience for my media product; bands featured such as My Chemical Romance and HIM are often referred to as emo or goth, so this may appeal to audiences who have similar taste and style. The iconography in the style of the bands I have made reflect those which feature in my magazine, therefore attracting audiences such as 'emos' who would stereotypically be fans of the bands such as the ones mentioned previously.

1 comment:

  1. Ella. Use some of the information from the question on representing a social group to help you improve this answer.

    Also look back to your research and planning to see what you wrote about a target audience.

    ReplyDelete